Close to where the Lee Valley VeloPark now stands, archaeologists found the remains of medieval industry – water channels built in 1500 to power the mills of the Knights Templar. During the 17th and 18th centuries, industries such as leather processing, yarn twisting and ketting making took place there. Temple Mills was also the site of Chobham Farm and in 1896 the Great Eastern Railway opened wagon works at Temple Mills. There are very few historic images of the site available.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Mills